This Publisher Terms and Conditions Agreement (hereinafter the “Agreement”) shall govern participation in the DistrictM Inc. (Boost advertising products) online advertising network (the “Network”). By participating in the Network, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The term “Publisher” shall refer to any individual or entity who accepts the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement upon signing of the “DistrictM Publisher IO”. Upon approval of sites and signature of DistrictM Publisher IO, DistrictM will provide to the Publisher advertising HTML codes (“Ad Codes”) to allow the Publisher to serve advertisements on its approved websites.
These Terms and Conditions:
- Set forth the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes prior proposals, agreements and representations between the parties, whether written or oral, regarding the subject matter contained herein;
- May be changed at any time by DistrictM, however, DistrictM will provide notice via email upon such changes;
- May be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be an original and all of which shall constitute together but one and the same document.
As a Publisher, You agree not to:
- Generate traffic to your website utilizing any of the following methods: listings on newsgroups, unsolicited bulk commercial e-mailings, instant messenger postings, chat room postings;
- Engage in any form of fraudulent traffic generating methods including: robots, spiders, auto-spawning browsers, auto reloading, meta refreshes or any other form of fraudulent and artificial traffic;
- Receive traffic from websites that contain materials that are deemed offensive or illegal in nature. This includes but is not limited to, websites promoting gambling, mp3, warez, EMU, ROM or pornographic materials;
- Change or alter the Ad Codes provided by DistrictM in any way;
- Place Ad Codes on pages of the following nature: blank pages with no content, pages that only contain advertisements. Furthermore, the Publisher agrees not to place Ad Codes on pages that are password protected;
- Place Ad Codes on any root domain not specifically approved for membership within the Network;
- Place Ad Codes on any webpages that launch more than one pop up or pop under window.
If Publisher Obligations as outlined above are not upheld, any such actions will lead to account termination and all funds generated from said actions will be forfeited.
As a Publisher, You acknowledge that:
- Your account will be monitored continuously by both the DistrictM traffic department and various 3rd Party Fraud Track Technology. In the event DistrictM deems a Publisher’s account to be outside the acceptable bounds for traffic quality, DistrictM will terminate the account. In the event traffic quality drops below the acceptable average for only a specific website within a Publisher’s account, DistrictM will request that the Publisher remove the website from their account. Failure to do so will result in termination of the Publisher’s membership;
- Membership in the DistrictM online advertising network is subject to prior approval by DistrictM. DistrictM reserves the right to refuse service to any new or existing Publisher, at its sole discretion, with or without cause. Approval of membership in the DistrictM online advertising network is limited only to the specific root domain for which the Publisher has applied for approval.
- DistrictM provides free default redirects or default campaigns in the event that DistrictM is unable to fill 100% of a Publisher’s available inventory with paid advertising. Under no circumstances does DistrictM guarantee to fill any percentage of a website’s inventory with paid advertising. In the event that a Publisher chooses not to specify a default, DistrictM will display ‘house’ ads and/or ‘AdCouncil’ Public Service Announcements (PSAs) when paid advertising is unavailable. These ‘house’ and ‘AdCouncil’ ads are not paid advertising and may also be displayed on Publishers’ websites when technical difficulties require it;
- DistrictM is the sole owner of all website, campaign, and aggregate user data collected by the DistrictM network. Advertisers have access only to website and aggregate user data that is collected as part of their campaign(s). Publishers have access only to campaign and aggregate user data that is collected through the use of their inventory.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- DistrictM shall have the sole responsibility for calculation and reporting of all statistics, including impressions, clicks, and earnings/revenue reports. Eastern Time (GMT – 05:00) shall be the time period used for all traffic calculations. DistrictM will post reports of all traffic resulting from the Publisher’s Ad Codes on DistrictM’s website for the Publisher to access;
- Publisher net earnings means billed and collected revenue by District M, less District M agreed upon share, less ad-serving fees and other applicable tech fees.
- Provided Publisher is not in breach of these Terms, DistrictM will pay the Publisher an amount related to the monies actually retained by DistrictM in connection with advertisements displayed on Publisher inventory. Payment to Publisher will be based on the payment terms and rates set forth in the applicable signed DistrictM Publisher IO. DistrictM will pay the Publisher only for months in which earned revenue exceeds $100.00 for the month. Revenue which is not paid to the Publisher in any month will be credited to the account of the Publisher and paid later, when accrued revenue exceeds $100.00. The Publisher may choose to be paid by either Check, Wire and if the Publisher wishes to change the payment method, the Publisher must do so by emailing [email protected].
DistrictM reserves the right to:
- Terminate any Publisher’s account that has been inactive or idle for a period longer than one month. Notice via email of one week will be provided to the Publisher in the event their account is inactive or idle;
- Terminate any Publisher’s relationship with the Network at any time, with or without cause. Termination notice may be provided via email or any other public means and will be effective immediately. Upon receipt of such termination notice, the Publisher agrees to immediately remove the DistrictM Ad Codes from their website(s). The Publisher will be paid, in the next scheduled payment cycle, all legitimate earnings due up to the time of termination.
- The Publisher shall not have, nor will it claim, any right, title or interest in any advertising content delivered by DistrictM (other than the Publisher’s own advertising content). The Publisher is granted no license to DistrictM advertising content, the names “DistrictM/Boost” or any derivative thereof, or any other trademarks, logos, copyrights, patents, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights which are owned or controlled by DistrictM and made available to the Publisher in any manner.
- DistrictM shall have the right to reference and refer to its work for, and relationship with, the Publisher for marketing and promotional purposes. No press releases or general public announcements shall be made without the mutual consent of DistrictM and the Publisher.
- DistrictM and the Publisher are independent contractors. Neither party is an agent or partner of the other party. Neither party shall have any right, power or authority to enter into any agreement for or on the behalf of, or incur any obligation or liability of, or to otherwise bind, the other party. These Terms and Conditions shall not be interpreted or construed to create an association, agency, joint venture or partnership between the parties or to impose any liability attributable to such a relationship upon either party.
- The Publisher may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without written consent from DistrictM. Any attempt to assign this Agreement without such consent will be null and void.
- Neither party shall be liable by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder for any cause beyond the reasonable control of such party, including but not limited to electrical outages, failure of Internet service providers, riots, insurrection, war (or similar), fires, flood, earthquakes, explosions, and other acts of God.
- The waiver by either party of a breach or right under these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent breach or right. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
- In no event shall either party be liable for special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of data, loss of use, or loss of profits arising thereunder or from the provision of services;
- DistrictM will not be subject to any liability whatsoever for:
- Any failure to provide reference or access to all or any part of the website due to systems failures or other technological failures of DistrictM or of the Internet;
- Delays in delivery and/or non-delivery of advertisements, including, without limitation, difficulties with a client, difficulties with a third-party server, or electronic malfunction; and
- Errors and omissions of any kind.
- DistrictM does not make and hereby expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, the performance of any software programs incidental to services rendered by DistrictM, services provided thereunder, or any output or results thereof. DistrictM specifically disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada without regard to conflict of laws principles. Any and all controversies, claims or disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement or the interpretation, performance or breach thereof, including, but not limited to, alleged violations of provincial, state or federal statutory or common law rights or duties, and the determination of the scope or applicability of this Agreement, except as noted in this Agreement, shall be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Province of Quebec, and parties attorn to the jurisdiction of such court. The party seeking enforcement shall be entitled to an award of all costs, fees and expenses, including attorneys’ fees on a full indemnification basis, incurred in obtaining or enforcing the award, to be paid by the party against whom the award or enforcement is ordered (provided that such party, on balance, has been substantially successful in pursuing its substantive claims in the proceedings).
If you are an individual, you represent and warrant that you were at least 18 years of age on the effective date of this agreement.